Building Relationships: The first step in connecting our neighbors with employment and business resources.
How is it done?
- Strategic partnerships with our neighborhood schools and food pantries, a main intake point for many of our residents
- A series of small events we term "Familiar Faces" such as our Community Coffee Hour: a regular opportunity for community members to share & learn what's happening in our community held on the last Friday of every month from 8-10am in different locations in throughout the district.
- Bigger events such as our annual Harvest Fest, a family-friendly event to wrap up the end of the Cully Farmers Market, and simply a chance for us to give back to the community
- Meeting the community at their needs. What do we mean by this? Take our Literacy Initiative for example, the school identified a need for a strategic plan of action to boost school-wide literacy, so, we went in on a grant with them. What's in it for us? Relationships.
- Working with many of our other community partners to build capacity and tap into everyone's network of neighbors and relationships
- Getting out into the community, shaking hands & learning names